Thursday, September 8, 2016

Two Thirds and a Thread Catcher


I've finished spinning another batch of wool, so I have two-thirds of what I need for Jack's pullover.

I was given this little orange bag as a gift last year and to  be honest I had no idea what it was. Just recently I've seen mention of thread catchers on line, for instance in this post of Diane's. I realised it's just what I need so that I don't have bits of thread all over the room. The little oblong at the top is filled with sand or something like that and holds it onto a table or, in this case, the edge of a sofa. It also has some sort of cord at the top that holds it open, ready to receive all those scraps. Neat.

6 comments:

  1. Isn't that clever? Fun to find out what it is too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thread catchers are so handy to have. I like the fact that yours can perch on the edge of a chair or table. Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such an intriguing thread catcher ! Can we call it a couch potato ? ;-D

    ReplyDelete